Wednesday 28 December 2011

Crawl To Me



Crawl to me; to my island;
through the gentle thorns,
that scratch , and scrape, and so
tenderly claw, at your naked
soul and your crouching form,
only as I do, in passion and faith;


lay before me and offer
profound grace, and all the places
the fallen ones
have longed to take; to drag
with them as they
tumble down, to sully their white
wings on burnished,
charred ground, to tint them
grey, as they roll
in the soot and the fire,
let them cry out with pain
of unsated desire,
for evil, as I turn off the lights;


as I blow out the candles
to reveal holy night and cast
your demons away;
crawl to me, my love, and bring
me your day, to lay at my
altar of dreams,
and I will worship each sacrifice
as it creeps
forth
from the chains of your heart;
and use them to cover
all of the stars, whilst I make you
glow      
in the dark.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, so powerful! Great December poem :)
    Hope you had a lovely Christmas and have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! You too! Happy New Year all the way from The Netherlands! :)

    ReplyDelete